Legalreadings is Founded by the students of Aligarh Muslim University, run professionally supported blogs, a newly established platform with the primary objective of promoting and publishing quality legal research on academics and contemporary issues of law.
About the Blog
The Blog aims to publish short academic articles alongside commentary on contemporary and recent emerging socio-political issues falling within the spheres of law.
LegalReadings welcomes submissions from Law Aspirants, undergraduate and graduate students as well as practitioners, academicians, and experts.
While there are no rigid thematic constraints, the article should be related to the academic sphere, which the law students acquainted during their graduation period. The expectation is that the submitted article will provide informed perspective, critical thinking and new insight to the readers. We encourage submissions on a wide variety of topics:
- Indian Penal Code
- Constitutional Law
- Muslim Law
- Hindu Law
- Business Law
- Code of Criminal procedure
- Indian Evidence Act
- Civil Procedure Code
- Important Supreme Court Judgments: Summary
- Current Legal Affairs
- Law and COVID-19
Note: Above mentioned themes are not exhaustive, the Author can write as per his own area of interest but the article must belong to the legal fraternity.
- Submission must be original and unpublished.
- Authors are advised to keep the submission concise and precise, ideally between 1500 to 4000 words.
- The manuscript submitted must be in Times New Roman.
- The line spacing must be 1.5
- The font size of the title: 16, the font size of headings -15 and the font size of the body – 12.
- Authors must refrain from using footnotes. instead, sources must be hyperlinked and endnote must be provided
- All submissions must be sent in an MS Word document with the title “Blog Submission”
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed.
- The submissions must be sent to legalreadings.law[at]gmail.com in a MS word document.
- Legalreadings, generally take 7-8 days to review a submission, decision to publish may be made subject to revisions.
- The manuscripts submitted are original pieces of work and have not been plagiarized nor has been published or is in consideration for publishing in any other place.
- Short Articles: 1500-2000 words
- Long Articles: 2000- 4000 words
- Note: No publication fee shall be charged at any stage.
- Deadline of Submissions: 10th July 2020.
Top 2 entries will be awarded a cash prize of 500 each.
Certificate of Participation
- E-Certificate of Publication provided to All the Participants, who’s blog will be published on our website (PDF)
- E-Certificate of Participation provided to All the participants (PDF).
- Akash Goswami: 8218839935
- Puneet Chaudhary: 7310570857
- Prashant(Only Text): 7607555505
E-mail ID: legalreadings.law[at]gmail.com
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
- Lawctopus Online Course on ‘Legal Research and Writing’ Batch 4 [Updated and Improved]
- Lawctopus Online Certificate Course on ‘Contract Drafting and Negotiation’ Batch 3 [Revised and Updated]
- Call for Blogs: NLIU’s Labour and Employment Law Blog: Rolling Submissions
- Call for Blogs: NLU Odisha’s Centre for Maritime Law: Submit by July 10
- Call for Blogs: Commercial and Financial Law Reporter [CFLR]: Rolling Submissions
- Call for Blogs: Indian Law Portal [ILP]: No Fee, Rolling Submissions
- Call for Blogs 1.0: Law Essentials: Submit by June 30
- Call for Blogs: Rozedar Law Associates
- Call for Blogs: The Law Review Anthology
- Call for Blogs: All India Legal Forum
- Call for Blogs: Legal Armor