About the Editors
Ms. Priyam Agrawal, Advocate in Delhi High Court and Mr. Arvind Kumar Singh, Advocate and freelance legal writer are inviting papers for their edited book on Offences against Women.
About the Book
Name of the Book: Book on Offences against Women: Legal, Social, Economical and Political Dimensions
Special attributes of Women make them vulnerable and henceforth they are easy prey to crimes. The existing social fabric of our country and the technicalities of our judicial system multiplies her pain as a victim. With the advancement in modern age, offences against Women also changed their shapes however increased consciousness has also awakened women urging them to fight back against several injustices meted out to them.
Women comprise almost half the strength of the country and recent increase in incidents such as rapes, acid attacks, murders, workplace harassment etc. have necessitated to bring out the comprehensive change in the society. The authors believe that a consolidated book on different kinds of Offences against Women, wherein all possible aspects, nature of offences, procedural safeguards, role of judiciary and others could be discussed in detail.
- Various offences against Women and its nature: A Brief Legal Description
- The Societal aspects and Crimes against Women
- Offences against Women and International Laws
- The recent gender crimes and Indian Laws
- The interpretation and understanding of Laws for Offences against Women.
- Historical and Political Journey of Women Laws/Gender laws
- Offences against Women and family laws; Whether Sufficient?
- The Role of Media and Offences against Women
- A Study of Substantive and Procedural Laws for Offences against Women
- Cyber Crimes in respect of Women: the legal Challenges and Solutions
- The Advocacy for Rights Vs Offences against Women
- Right to Privacy and Women.
- The Executive Challenges in Offences against Women
- Offences Against Women: The changing contours of accused and victims and Legal Challenges
- Offences against Women: Conventional and Non –Conventional crimes
Note: The topics above are not exhaustive and contributors may contribute to topics related to the theme.
Contributors are invited to submit an abstract of 500 words on or before 5th July 2020 explaining the topic, methodology and objectives of the proposed writing.
Accepted abstracts will be notified and final submission should be made on or before 30th July 2020. All communications should be sent to legalknowledge2020[at]gmail.com.
Note: There is no registration and processing fee.
The submission must not be previously published or currently under review at any other journal/conference/book etc. and should not be submitted to any other journal/conference while in process of review with us.
The submission must be the original work of the authors i.e. shouldn’t be plagiarized and also should be free from grammatical, spelling and other errors. It must also not contain any defamatory words.
- Contributors please carefully note and follow the guidelines below as you write. Any manuscript not meeting these guidelines will be returned to the author(s) for correction, which may cause significant delays in the publication process.
- E-mail the chapter at legalknowledge2020[at]gmail.com.
- Word Count for the book chapter- not to exceed 4000 words (excluding footnotes)
- Only ORIGINAL submissions will be accepted for publication. Manuscripts may not have been previously published or be submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in Times New Roman, with font size 12, line spacing 1.5’; justified, with sufficient margins of 1.5’ to the left and 1.0’ on all sides. Manuscripts can be in the form of articles. ‘Article’ refers to a comprehensive and thorough analysis of issues related to the theme.
- Co-authorship is permitted but there can be a maximum of two authors.
- Footnotes should be numbered sequentially in Indian Law Institute Mode of Citation.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors i.e. shouldn’t be plagiarized and also should be free from grammatical, spelling and other errors. It must also not contain any defamatory words.
- Copyright over the published material shall vest with publishers.
- A separate cover letter mentioning the name(s) of the author(s), E-mail id, Mobile number, the title of the manuscript and the name of Institution, shall be sent along with the submission.
- All submissions must be made in .doc format. No pdf format shall be entertained.
- There should be no mention of the authors’ name or any other identity in the original manuscript.
E-mail: [email protected]