About the University
The NorthCap University is a unitary university situated in Gurugram, Haryana, and accredited by the NAAC, approved by the UGC and recognized by the BCI. It was founded in 1996 by Educate India Society to provide higher education in Engineering, Management, and Law. The institute gained the status of State Private University in 2010 by the Haryana Legislature and is a Member of the American Society for Quality (I) Pvt. Ltd. and is accredited by the Accreditation Services for International Colleges (ASIC), UK. In a span of a few years, NCU has grown to be one of the foremost educational institutes in North India, ranked among the top 150 by NIRF, Ministry of HRD, GoI.
About the Conference
Centre for Intellectual Property Rights Advocacy, Research, and Training, The NorthCap University School of Law is organizing a conference on “Varying Dimensions of IPR” on September 1. This conference intends to put intellectual property into a dialogue with social justice by enquiring how its various areas like patents, trademarks, copyrights, etc. can serve the greater public good in the modern world.
The purpose of this conference is:
- To provide a platform to diagnose innovation and research on contemporary issues of national and international relevance leading to the creation of IPR;
- Developing an attitude of prudent IP management practices and promoting an IPR culture;
- Honoring research which focuses on challenges facing society with regard to social justice, equity and inclusion regarding IP related issues;
- Shedding light into inquiries that engage on IP and technology, reflecting qualities of changes and alterations in the co-creation of an IP system, in addition to being transnational and inclusive of knowledge from both within and outside the academia.
- Providing researchers with an opportunity to engage in academic dialogue and diffusion of the
most resourceful research.
Who is this Conference for?
This conference is open to academicians, scholars, students, and practitioners on the above theme.
- SEPs & FRAND Licensing- an emerging trend
- Data Exclusivity of TRIPS Agreement
- Conceptual Issues in Patenting of life forms
- Originality under Copyrights Law
- Digital Technology & Copyright issues
- Protection of Trade Dress
- Geographical Indication and Traditional knowledge
- Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers right
These themes are only illustrative. Any relevant topic connected to the theme can be considered.
Online on Microsoft Teams App.
Abstract Submission-An abstract of the research paper, not exceeding 300 words, accompanied by a Covering Letter containing: Title of the Paper, Full Name of the Author (Maximum two authors), Complete Address with Contact Number and E-mail Address must be submitted as an attachment via email: [email protected]
The text of the abstract must be in – MS Word format with Times New Roman, font size 12 & with 1.5 line spacing. The Indian Law Institute (ILI) mode of citation must be strictly adhered to.
Registration and Fee Details
Prior registration for the conference is compulsory.
The fees for all the participants is Rs.500/-.
The following are the bank details for online transfer of funds:
Name: The NorthCap University
Name of the Bank: Syndicate Bank
Branch: NCU, sector 23-A, Gurgaon
Account No: 82472010013980
Once the payment has been made, please take a screenshot of the transaction and email it along with the scanned copy of the registration form to [email protected] Separate registration needs to be done for co-author.
Last date for submission of abstract: August 01, 2020
Last date for submission of fee and registration form: August 07, 2020.
Last date for final paper submission: August 15, 2020.
Dr.Tapobrata Pakrashi, Assistant Professor
Email: [email protected]
Ms. Unanza Gulzar, Assistant Professor
Email: [email protected]
For the official brochure, click the link below.