The AIFF or All India Football Federation’s Players Status & Registration Department (PSRD) is looking to hire for the job post of Assistant Legal Manager for the duration of one year on a contractual basis that may be renewed based on performance.
The All India Football Federation, simply known as the AIFF, is the governing body of association football in India. Formed in 1937, the federation was one of the founding members of the Asian Football Confederation, the overseer of football in Asia.
The PSRD Department
AIFF PSRD manages the players registered throughout India via AIFF’s Centralised Registration System, wherein a player’s registration/renewal and transfer is approved by AIFF without which he/she cannot participate in any Competition organized/sanctioned by AIFF or its Member Associations and Affiliated Units.
The department also manages the disputes that are related to a player and club and/or an official and Intermediaries registered with AIFF.
- Drafting/reviewing/amending the above mentioned AIFF Regulations
- Assist in implementing and educating all the stakeholders in the above mentioned AIFF Regulations
- Manage AIFF Players’ Status Committee meetings whenever required.
- To act as the Secretary/Deputy Secretary to the Players Status Committee.
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with disputes, namely labour disputes between players and clubs, coaches and clubs or associations, club / club disputes in connection with the transfer of a player, solidarity contribution and training compensation disputes.
- Interpreting contracts related to players’ employment and transfers.
- Revising transfer and employment litigations that are submitted to the AIFF competent bodies.
- Editing players’ status judgements/decisions in line with the Committee’s directions.
- Preparing documents, as necessary, to support the Player Status Committee in the decision-making process in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- Managing the Compliance of the decisions sent by the committees.
- Giving written and/or oral advice on the regulations as well as on general legal issues to players, clubs, state associations, agents, legal advisors etc.
Who can Apply?
- At least one year of relevant legal experience in a sports organization and/or law firm.
- Candidate must be a qualified lawyer
- Post-graduate qualifications in the sports law field are an asset
- Knowledge of drafting and reviewing contracts
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral
- Interest in football
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work well under pressure in a team environment, and to work long hours when necessary
- Excellent communication skills, organizational and management skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally
How to Apply
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to hr[at]the-aiff.com with the subject as ‘Application for the Post of Assistant Legal Manager – PSRD’.
Football House, Dwarka, New Delhi
More such Job posts that you might be interested in-
- JOB POST: Specialist, Compliance Risk and Diligence at Duff & Phelps, Hyderabad: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Research Associate at IBBI [Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India]: Apply by Jan 15
- JOB POST: Manager and Assistant Manager at NPS Trust, Delhi: Apply by Jan 29
- JOB POST: Contracts Counsel [Legal] at Bain & Company, Delhi: Apply Now!