About the Institution
The Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit organization, dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions, and strategic impact litigation.
About the Job
CLPR is looking to engage a Court Reporter for CLPR’s Supreme Court Observer (SCO) initiative.
SCO is a living archive of the Supreme Court of India, which brings alive and makes accessible the work of the Supreme Court for everyone. It aims to build an enduring constitutional culture in India by enhancing the popular understanding of the Supreme Court’s contribution to our everyday lives.
- Stay abreast of the important developments at the Supreme Court of India, including identifying the cases to be tracked.
- Prepare detailed and intelligible daily reports for the tracked cases.
- Write case briefs, case backgrounds, plain English translations of judgments, and other content, as required.
- Procure submissions, written statements, petitions etc of tracked cases.
- Write on any other aspect of the working and history of the Supreme Court.
- Must have a minimum of two years of litigation experience (preferably at the Supreme Court).
- Must possess all permissions and related documentation required to access Supreme Court hearings.
- Must demonstrate excellent research and writing skills.
- Must have a strong academic background (master’s degree preferred).
How to Apply?
To apply, write to careers[at]clpr.org.in outlining your suitability for the role. Kindly title the subject of your e-mail as follows: ‘Application for the position of Court Reporter’.
- Latest resume;
- A writing sample of not more than 3000 words on a topic related to law.
25th August 2020.
Phone Number: +91 080 4091 2112
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
- Law Clerks (Trainee) at High Court of Judicature at Allahabad, Prayagraj [102 Vacancies]
- Research Associate at Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs [Freshers]
- Assistant General Manager [Legal and Recovery] at Repco Micro Finance Limited, Chennai: Apply by Aug 13
- Legal Area Manager at Axis Bank, Patna [Freshers]: Apply by Aug 13
- Assistant Professor [Law] at Amity Law School
- Deputy Manager [Legal] at ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited: Apply by July 31
- Consultant/Legal at Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India, Ajmer: Apply by Aug 11