About the Organisation
Axis Bank is the third-largest private-sector Indian bank and offers a range of financial products. The bank has its head office in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has 4,800 branches, 17,801 ATMs and 4,917 cash recyclers across the country as of 31st March 2020 and nine international offices.
Axis Bank invites applications for the position of RB: Collection & Underwriting: Legal Area Manager.
Number of Vacancies
Patna, Bihar, India
Optimal qualification for success on the job is LLB/ LLM from a reputed university with court litigation (banking) experience.
- Ensuring timely allocation of cases for issuance of demand notices, complaint filing etc. in accordance with the defined legal and dunning strategy grid.
- Review and Instruct the law firms/lawyers for the conduct of proceedings before various Courts, Arbitral tribunal, Conciliator & Lokadalat and rigorous follow-ups with various law firms & brief advocates, at different stages of litigation, to be able to drive them to perform efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare a plan for legal collection strategies for different types and levels of exposure accounts and design new legal processes/strategies, in order to ensure better resolution.
- Responsible for managing attorney costs within the budget, identifying areas of cost reduction and drafting notices, demands and pleadings and recommending the lawyers that will be used by the Company including evaluation of their effectiveness and reporting of performance (gross returns, net returns, costs expended).
- Liaising with customers and negotiating proposals with outside agencies including statutory authorities.
- Responsible to act as an Authorized Representative (AR) of the company before various Courts, Arbitral tribunal, Conciliator & Lokadalats and ensure legal collection activities are carried out in line with the regulatory guidelines and within stipulated time limits.
- Ensure maintenance of proper various Legal MIS’s and records for all cases wherein legal has been initiated (at different stages of delinquency and litigation) and timely MIS reporting, as required by the Central office.
- Coordination with internal and external auditors during reviews and inspections.
- Resolve any customer escalations with prompt and timely response (including Complaint lodged with Banking Ombudsman, Consumer Forum etc.)
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
- Assistant Manager [General, Legal] at PFRDA [2 Positions]: Apply by July 31
- Teaching Associate at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration: Apply by July 31
- Presiding Officer at Industrial Tribunal, Kolkata: Apply by July 31
- Manager [Legal] at Tata CLiQ, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- General Manager [Law] at Powergrid Corporation of India Limited: Apply by Aug 6
- Legal Advisor at New Delhi Municipal Council: Apply by July 31
- Deputy Manager [Legal] at ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited: Apply by July 31
- Associates at Sondhi & Partners, Delhi [2 Vacancies, Freshers]: Apply by July 30
- Professors at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi [9 Vacancies]: Apply by July 31
- Faculty and Administrative Positions at NUJS, Kolkata [22 Vacancies]: Apply by Aug 31
- Teaching Positions at University of Calcutta, Senate House, Kolkata: Apply by July 31
- Research Associates at Gauhati High Court: Apply by July 30
- Professor and Associate Professor at BHU, Varanasi [9 Vacancies]: Apply by July 31
- Assistant General Manager [Legal] at Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited: Apply by Aug 7
- Professor at Aligarh Muslim University, Murshidabad & Malappuram [12 Vacancies]: Apply by July 30
- Chairperson at Debts Recovery Appellate Tribunals, Delhi and Prayagraj: Apply by July 31