Moody’s Corporation is looking to hire for the job post of Legal Specialist, with 2-3 years of experience, for its office in Gurgaon.
Moody’s Corporation is an American financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody’s Investors Service, an American credit rating agency, and Moody’s Analytics, an American provider of financial analysis software and services.
Moody’s was founded by John Moody in 1909 to produce manuals of statistics related to stocks and bonds and bond ratings. In 2007, Moody’s Corporation was split into two operating divisions, Moody’s Investors Service, the rating agency, and Moody’s Analytics, with all of its other products.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operate as a single-point resource regarding processing/tracking of internal legal documents, principally related to operational matters
- Draft, prepare, review and edit routine legal documents (including NDAs, Work Orders, SOWs, commercial contracts) with low to medium level complexity, and reports under attorney supervision
- Performing open source due diligence on the company’s software products/services from time to time under the Attorney supervision
- Prepare and communicate information internally and externally regarding contract status, modifications, deviations, and completion or termination of legal agreements
- Manage a contracts database on the internal company website under the supervision of Moody’s Counsel and monitor issues that require action
- Develop and maintain a database for all Moody’s master agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Communicate and advise business units on legal document and legal process inquiriesCoordinate correspondence with clients and potential customers as directed
- Assist Moody’s Counsel with projects as they arise
- Prepare reports based on generic online and database search based on the public source of information w.r.t. any entities, persons, etc.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- LLB degree and 2-3 years of prior experience in a law firm, inhouse or LPO
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures, including corporate laws, contract law, intellectual property laws
- Good legal research skills and ability to articulate the result of such research in concise forms
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to perform a multitude of tasks relating to company contracts
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and work well independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to conduct extensive searches using public sources of information/internet and articulate the results in the form of a formal search report
- Open to work in different time zones (US shift), if required by the company
More such Job opportunities that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: Legal Counsel at Moody’s Corporation, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: WM Risk Manager at Morgan Stanley, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: National Consultant-MCA for UN Women’s We Empower Asia Program, Delhi: Apply by Jan 30
- JOB POST: Counsel-Business and Legal Affairs at Netflix India, Mumbai: Apply Now!