BookMyShow is looking to hire an experienced professional for the job role of Manager-Legal, to work at its HQ in Mumbai.
Bigtree Entertainment’s BookMyShow is India’s largest entertainment ticketing website. Headquartered in Mumbai, it is the only destination for movie and non-movie options like events, plays, and sports. Within a decade of its inception, the company poses a 40% CAGR in revenues and over 90% market share in the online entertainment ticketing space.
BookMyShow was launched in 1999. The company ticketing for over 5000+ screens across 250 cities. It hs ticketed for over 1,500 plays online and 300 live shows with
- 50 million app downloads
- 25 million-plus customer base
- 10 million-plus tickets per month
With offices in India, New Zealand, and Malaysia, the company aims to present its customers with endless options to purchase tickets for the latest movies, music concerts, plays, stand-up comic acts, and major sporting events to name a few. Tickets can be booked through various platforms like the internet, mobile application, WAP, and the in-house call center.
- Have regular communication with business units to help identify and address legal issues associated with technology, digital product, digital content, integrated marketing, and programming across the BMS platforms.
- Review of plaints, written statements, evidence, and other miscellaneous documents;
- Collate necessary documents from various teams and submitting timely responses to external counsels.
- Handle customer queries and pre-litigation dispute resolution.
- Counsel the internal teams on a broad range of commercial, licensing, technology, regulatory, structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial transactions and be responsible for all related legal matters
- Independently draft, review, and negotiate a broad spectrum of agreements
- Streamline, automate and standardize internal processes in order to achieve faster TAT’s and better efficiency
- Handle clearances and queries by statutory authorities (including police, govt. authorities etc.)
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and manger internal investor due diligence.
- Being updated on the various laws applicable to the businesses and ensure compliance with applicable laws.
Who is it for?
- Educational Qualification: LLB/LLM from a reputed Law School, CS degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience: 7-9 years of prior legal experience in a top-tier law firm or an e-commerce entity/event management company as a lawyer in an independent contributor capacity.
- Experience in either Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions / structured finance or Entertainment/Media/Digital technology.
Skills and Attributes Required
- Excellent business & legal judgment
- Superior ability to assess risk and determine priorities based on that risk assessment as well as the needs of the business
- Proven ability to quickly understand & learn new skill sets and new areas of practice
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor
communication styles to diverse audiences
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and
complete them on time
- An entrepreneurial, creative, and solution-driven outlook on all legal strategies
- High on integrity and commitment
How to Apply?
Click on the link at the end of this post to apply for the role at BookMyShow.