Flipkart looking to hire a law professional for the job post of Senior Manager Consumer Protection for its Consumer Protection Compliance (E&C) department, in Bangalore.
Flipkart Private Limited is an Indian e-commerce company established in 2007. It is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka.
The company initially focused on book sales, before expanding into other product categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, home essentials, groceries, and lifestyle products.
- Develop, enhance and align the consumer protection program with the India business strategy, Legal guidance and International compliance objectives.
- Understand India regulatory environment and stay current on developments in order to facilitate a proactive compliance approach and influence long-term compliance strategy.
- Work with the business to develop and enhance standards and controls (policies, procedures, training) for operating within guidance provided by Legal and consistent with compliance strategy.
- Advise and collaborate with strategic planning teams to develop strategies to manage identified risks and opportunities. Provide advice and direction regarding key decisions and controls required to achieve compliance objectives.
- Collaborate closely with International counterparts to ensure the sharing and leveraging of best practices and that the India consumer protection compliance strategy aligns to both International objectives and Indian regulatory requirements.
- Identify key performance indicators for compliance programs and partner with Compliance analytics and reporting teams on the evaluation of company performance against such key indicators, driving continuous improvement in compliance program.
- Establish and direct compliance team monitoring and reporting of identified corporate and store activities to ensure the adherence to, and continuous improvement against, compliance standards and controls.
- Partner with Legal, Internal Audit, Continuous monitoring teams to determine audits and respond to audit findings. Review audit findings from internal and external audits and partner with business on development, implementation and closure of action plans.
- Collaborate with compliance training & communications team relating to communications, alerts, and tools for educating partners.
- Coordinate with Legal in connection with regulatory investigations and examinations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education/Qualification: Law Degree
- Experience: 8+ years of experience of working in Retail /Technology/ECommerce organizations driving similar charter (3-5 years direct experience in consumer protection experience being an asset).
Knowledge and Competencies
- Good working knowledge is essential for Consumer Protection Act; Legal Metrology Act among others. Research any state specific legal/regulatory requirements.
- Experienced in implementing and managing customer focus (consumer Protection) compliance programs.
- Detail and process oriented, thought leader and is well versed with latest trends in their core areas and their applicability for business impact
- Consideration will be given to individuals currently in senior compliance role with direct experience in the development, implementation and execution of consumer protection compliance programs.
- May need to travel domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays. (very limited)
Additional Skills & Knowledge
- Strong work ethic and a high level of personal and professional integrity. Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Should be a self-starter. Multi-task oriented, flexible and creative problem-solving approach to business (in the face of ambiguity also).
- Ability to engage and influence at all levels. Experience presenting to large audiences.
Keep following our ‘Jobs‘ section for regular updates of job opportunities Government, PSUs, MNCs, NGOs, inter alia.