The Walt Disney Company, India is looking to hire for the job role of Senior Manager-Legal, for its office in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
About the Company
The Walt Disney Company, commonly known as Disney, is an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate headquartered at the Walt Disney Studios complex in Burbank, California.
The Walt Disney Company India Private Limited, known simply as Disney India, is an Indian subsidiary of the Indo Pacific region of the American media and entertainment conglomerate The Walt Disney Company and headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
In March 2019, after the acquisition of 21st Century Fox by Disney, which included Indian TV giant Star India, Disney India became India’s biggest television broadcaster.
About the Opportunity
The Walt Disney Company, India is seeking the services of an experienced professional for the role of Senior Manager (Legal), for its office in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing distribution contracts and transactions; litigation and piracy matters relating to distribution of company channels.
- Building contract and compliance checklist and processes.
- Research and analysis of various policies, amendments, rules, consultation papers, notifications on TRAI interconnection regulations and distribution related matters
- Conduct Due Diligence of anti-piracy agencies, consultants and participate in the DD closure report, drafting and vetting of contracts, representation and warranties, indemnities. etc.
- Generally providing proactive and reactive legal & compliance advisory services on legal issues involving the company and group companies.
- To identify and find ways to reduce legal risk by regular review of the company’s distribution related activities to ensure that they are in line with established policies, procedures and legal and compliance perspective.
- LLB from a Premier Law College. LLM from a reputed University would be a plus but not a must.
- Preferably in Telecom, FMCG, Pharma, IT or Broadcasting sectors.
- Good and sound knowledge and understanding of contract law, commercial law and litigation
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
- A good understanding and application of TRAI broadcasting and cable services inter-connect regulations, quality of services regulations, the Cable TV Act as amended and Rules thereunder, procedural laws such as CPC, CrPC, and also substantive laws such as IPC, and other economic offenses statutes. A reasonable understanding of Intellectual Property Laws such as the Copyright Act & Rules & the Trade Marks Act and rules, ISP, E-commerce, Digital Media, would be a plus
- Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively
- Able to mentor and drive efficiencies with direct reportees and to be a trusted member within the legal/compliance team. Should enhance industry specific understanding and be an effective negotiator.
- Well aware of general and sector specific laws.
- Demonstrate (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in compliance monitoring.
Skills and Attributes Required
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively within a team and a fast-paced dynamic business environment
- Adaptable to change
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate legal issues and solutions in an articulate, precise and effective manner
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and people management.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Good team player
- Ability to travel at short notice anywhere in India. Should be open to intra-group company transfer and postings to other locations in India
- Leverages business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to the customer
- Anticipates potential barriers and develops alternate strategies; formulates an informed action plan to solve the problem
- Strong communication skills and good command of English (both oral and written) and the ability to interface with people across all levels in the organization. A pleasing personality is a must
Here are few other job posts that you might be interested in-
- Job Post : Registrar at NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal) : Apply by June 30
- Job Post: Market HR Specialist (Labor Law) at Google, Gurgaon, Apply Now
- Online internship opportunity at Prolawfic Legal, Apply Now