About the Institute
K.L.E. Society’s Law College, Bengaluru was established in 1975 under the umbrella of Karnataka Lingayat Education Society and has been conceived as a nursery and training ground for those seeking to enter the legal profession. It is recognised by the Bar Council of India and is affiliated to the Karnataka State Law University, Hubbali.
Who can Participate?
Participation from UG & PG students studying in any discipline at any Colleges/any Departments of the Universities.
Format of the Quiz
- The entire quiz would be timed.
- The Quiz would be a mix of multiple-choice, true/false statement, specific: answer question, pictorial/audio-visual questions etc. accessible via online mode only.
- The competition will be held on 10th and 11th August 2020.
There will be 2 rounds:
- Preliminary round: First 100 registered candidates are eligible to participate on first come first serve basis.
- Final round: Top 10 participants from previous round will qualify for the final round. It will be hosted live.
All students studying in UG/PG courses of law.
- Participants have to ensure high-speed 4G or broadband internet connection. It is advisable to the participants to use laptops or PC for the rounds.
- Participants are encouraged to make themselves familiar with Google Meet and Quiz Maker website before in hand for easy access.
- If at the time of logging in to the platform the participant faces any technical glitch, the organizers shall not be responsible for the same. Complaints relating network issues shall not be entertained.
- In case of any ambiguity with respect to the technology, Organizers will not be providing any assistance.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the organizers shall be final.
- The preliminary rounds will be organized using the Quiz Maker website.
- All the registered participants will get an email with the link to access Quiz Maker. The Quiz would be timed.
- There will be 50 questions and participants are expected to answer all 50 questions within 15 minutes.
- Each right answer fetches you 1 mark. There is no negative marking.
- The top 10 participants with the highest scores in this round shall proceed to next & the final round.
- The first round will begin at 11.30 AM and end at 11.45 AM. Ensure your availability accordingly.
- It will be held on 11th of August. Time shall be notified a day before the quiz to the participants who have qualified for the final round.
- The final round shall be hosted live on Google Meet.
- The top 10 participants from preliminary rounds will participate in the final round. Those who have qualified to the next round will receive an email, others will not receive any communication, if you do not receive an email it means you have not qualified, do not try to contact the organizers.
- Further details about the final round will be shared with the participants who have cleared the first round and are eligible to participate in the final round.
What will the Quiz cover?
All Criminal major laws: Substantive and Procedural.
How to Register?
There is no registration fees.
Students must send scanned copy of either their college ID card (preferred) or a letter of participation (Word document containing “Name of the participant, Course, Year/Semester, Institution details, Contact No.”, “email id” with a declaration of the details being bona fide) over the Google registration form link.
Candidates are required to submit all necessary information over the Google registration form link failing which registration shall stand cancelled.
E-Certificate to all the participants: E-Certificate of participation will be issued to those students who participate in the competition. Winner, 1st Runner-up, 2nd Runner up prize awardees shall be presented with an E-certificate of merit.
No Certificate in case of absentia.
- Last date for Complete Registration : (through the Google form): 5th August 2020 (23:59 hours)
- Date of Competition: 10th and 11th August 2020
- No ‘on the spot registration’ facility shall be entertained.
Ms. Kavyashre Bhandary, Assistant Professor of Law
E-mail ID: kavyab[at]klelawcollege.org
Contact Number: +91 9986583856
Ms. Ankita Rituraj, Assistant Professor of Law
E-mail ID: ankitarituraj[at]klelawcollege.org
Contact Number: +91 7004906314
Mr. Anagha Narasima C. N., Student, LLB
E-mail ID: anagha.193y005[at]klelawcollege.org
Contact Number: +91 9483822671
Ms. Manasvi Kumar, Student, LLB
E-mail ID: manasvikumar[at]klelawcollege.org
Contact Number: +91 9663993403
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
- URJAA: CNLU’s National Online Writing, Drawing and Painting Competition: Register by Aug 10
- Online National Quiz on Constitutional Law by LegalReadings [Aug 7]: Register by Aug 5
- Online National Quiz on Contract Law by Kanuni Sahara: Register by August 1
- Journal and Seminar Committee, University of Calcutta’s Article Writing Competition: Register by Aug 2
- International Research Paper Writing Competition 2020 [Awards Upto Rs. 22k]: Register by Aug 5
- National Online Quiz on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (IBC) by MyGov [Prizes Worth Rs. 1.75L]: Submit by July 31