About the Institute
The early days of the Indian Law Society’s Law College date back as far as the year 1902 when Mr. J.R. Gharpure and Mr. P.B. Singhe decided to make a new beginning in the direction of a regularized system of imparting legal education. ‘The New Law Class, Bombay’ was therefore started in 1903. After running this class for five years, it was thought desirable to start a regular law college, which would be affiliated to a university.
About the Programme
Indian Law Society, Pune – Autonomous Certificate Programme (Online) on Law of Evidence for Civil and Criminal Trials.
Indian Law Society, Pune offers a unique online Certificate Programme about the aspects of the law of evidence relevant for trials and appeals from trials. This Programme will enable participants to understand and appreciate finer practical aspects of evidence, principles underlying these aspects, and use of these provisions and principles in pre-trial advice, pleadings, and trial proceedings.
17 July to 20 August 2020, 16 sessions.
4:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Lawyers and Judges with a background of trial litigation.
Judges, Advocates, Police Personnel, Administrative Officers, Law Teachers, and Students are eligible to apply.
Pre-requisite Participants shall have a basic understanding of the Law of Evidence.
Rs 5000/- includes GST (Rs 4237/- + Rs 763/- GST) (Payment can be done online through Direct SBI, Net banking, and Credit card.)
- Fundamental concepts & principles.
- Pleadings & proof.
- Facts, Relevancy & admissibility.
- Affidavits as examination-in-chief.
- Admissions, confessions & dying declarations.
- Admissibility of pretrial statements & documents in criminal trials.
- Proof & standards of proof.
- Examination of witnesses in civil & criminal proceedings.
- Oral & documentary evidence.
- Electronic evidence.
- Presumptions & burden of proof.
- Evidence in arbitration proceedings.
Interested candidates can register online through this page.
Limited Admission on first come first serve basis.
The online examination (100 marks) at the end of the program.
Certificate on completion of the program with 75% attendance and a minimum score of 50% marks in the online examination.
- Smita Sabne: 9422504078
- Deepali Manjarekar: 9922969717; Email Id: [email protected]