The Centre for Comparative Constitutional Law and Administrative Law of National Law University Jodhpur is hosting an online lecture on the topic “Media Trials in light of the Right to Privacy” on April 20, 2021, at 5 PM.
The Centre for Comparative Constitutional Law and Administrative Law, National Law University, Jodhpur, aims to foster debate on contemporary issues in comparative constitutional law and administrative law with a comparative perspective. They publish our flagship bi-annual journal, Comparative Constitutional Law and Administrative Law Journal (“CALQ”), under the able guidance of Prof. (Dr.) I.P Massey, Dean, Faculty of Law, National Law University Jodhpur. Our Board of Advisors includes some of the biggest names in constitutional law, such as Former Chief Justice of India Hon’ble Manepalli Narayan Rao Venkatachalliah, Dr. Rajeev Dhavan, Mr Georg Nolte, Mrs Susan Rose Ackerman and Prof. Timothy Endicott. To read more about CALQ, visit calq.in.
About the Speaker
Dr. Justice Pushpendra Singh Bhati currently serves as a judge at the principal seat of the Rajasthan High Court in Jodhpur. In the past, Justice P.S. Bhati has served as the Additional Advocate General at the High Court of Rajasthan, President at the Rajasthan High Court Lawyers Association (2011-2013), and General Secretary at the Rajasthan High Court Advocates Association (2001). He has represented many institutions, including RBI, ONGC & JNVU and has served as the standing counsel for Indian Railways for 16 years.
Justice P.S. Bhati was amongst the visiting faculty on Constitutional & Criminal Law subjects to NLU, Jodhpur, being very popular amongst its erstwhile batches. He is presently a member of the Academic Council at NLU, Jodhpur. His areas of expertise span across Revenue, Election, Criminal and miscellaneous matters, including Public Interest Litigations. Dr. Justice P.S. Bhati
How to Attend?
- The guest lecture shall be hosted on a video conferencing platform, Cisco WebEx.
- Interested participants are requested to RSVP via the link given at the end of this post.
- Further details regarding the lecture shall be communicated to the registering participants via email.
In case of any queries, you may contact +91 9636263255 (Sandhya Swaminathan) or +91 9497969600 (Aditya J. Nair).
More such Webinars that you might be interested in
- A Chat on SC eCommittee’s Vision for Tomorrow’s Courts – Must Attend for all Young Lawyers [Sunday, Apr 18; 5-6 PM]: Register Now!
- Webinar on Legality of US Sanctions on International Criminal Court (ICC) by Law Audience [Apr 28, 3-4 PM]: Register Now!
- Talk on ‘Law as a Healing Profession’ with a Human Rights Lawyer; Gaia University [Apr 29; 10:30 PM]: Register Now!
- TEDx Talk on ‘Sustainability, Mental Health, and Education’ at Anandapur, Kolkata [Apr 17; 5 PM-6:30 PM]: Stream Online
- UPES’ Webinar on Basic Structure Doctrine of the Constitution [April 18, 5 PM]: Register Now!